68" Multipoint Lock Replacement Kit for ESSVE - 6'-8 DoorsOriginal ESSVE Lock info:Overall Length
: 68" with radius ends
Faceplate Width: 25/32 (20mm)Handle Spacing (PZ)
: 3-5/8 (92mm)Lock Cylinder
: American StyleBackset
: 1-3/4" (45mm)
Bottom Hook Position: 26-3/4" (replacement 26")
Top Hook Position: 33-1/2" (replacement 32-3/4")6-8 Door Replacement Kit Components
- 20mm 45/92 Lower Gear with Hook @ 26"
- 20mm Upper Extension with Hook @ 32-3/4"
- Stainless Steel Installation Screws
To Change Handing / Latch Reversal:
* Mis-handing latch needs to be pushed in to operate lock
1. Lift Lever to extend deadbolt and hooks
2. Pull spring latch out,æRotate to correct position
3. Check function of lock before closing door
To Lock door: Lift the handle to lock door and turn thumbturn to secure in locked position.
When the Lever is lifted the Deadbolt extends with other locking devices. This lock has a mis-handing latch that needs to be pushed in to function.(see additional pictures above)
To unlock door: Turn thumb turn or key to unlocked position and push down on lever.ESSVE Replacement Lock Info (Replacement Article)
- The replacement kit has square vs radius ends; it is crop-able to fit your door panel height requirements 68-1/8". How to trim lock article.
- The Gear and hook lock boxes will fit back into the mortised groove in the door panel. However, the hooks are off a little and may require slightly enlarging the strike plate hole.
- ATRIUM DOORS - The original handle set trim for Atrium (Euro Cylinder Version) will not work; will require new trim.æSee additional images.
- MARVIN / PEASE DOORS - The original handle set trim for Marvin, Pease and others with American Version lock have installation screw hole spacing of 6-3/8. This trim will work with minor modifications to the lock body cylinder hole where the bottom screw goes though (a little tight, needs to be slightly enlarged with rasp).
- Some PEASE doors had different Bore Hole spacing than others; the handle set trim was 2-3/8" wide, contact us if this is the case.
New Handle Set Trim Options:
If replacing we recommend the Expressions 2 x 12 Series Hardware395009
- Modern, Square Top, Keyed395007
- Traditional, Arch top, Keyed
Additional ResourcesMultipoint Lock WorksheetESSVE Lock Replacement Article (PDF) How To Trim / Crop LockReverse Lock Handing
: Change the direction of the spring latch by first extending the deadbolt (see lock operation below), pull out the spring latch and rotate accordingly.Lock Operation:
This lock has an Anti-Slam / Mishandling latch that needs to be pushed in to operate lock.
- Lock: Lift the handle to extend deadbolt and other locking positions and turn thumb-turn to secure in locked position.
- Unlock: Turn thumb-turn or key to unlocked position and push down on lever.