68" Multipoint Lock Replacement Kit for ESSVE - 6'5 DoorsOriginal ESSVE Lock info:
Overall Length: 68" with radius ends
Faceplate Width: 25/32 (20mm)
Handle PZ: 3-5/8 (92mm)
Lock Cylinder: American Style
Backset: 2-3/16" (55mm) (replacement 60mm)
Bottom Hook Position: 26-3/4" (replacement 26")
Top Hook Position: 33-1/2" (replacement 32-3/4")6'5 Door Replacement Kit Components
- 20mm 60/92 Lower Gear with Hook @ 26"
- 20mm Upper Extension with Hook @ 32-3/4"
- Stainless Steel Installation Screws
ESSVE Replacement Lock Info (Replacement Article):
- The replacement kit has square vs radius ends; it is crop-able to fit your door panel height requirements 81-1/8".æHow to trim lock article.
- The Gear box will move 3/16" as the original lock is 55mm and the replacement will be 60mm. New trim will cover the holes.
- The hook lock boxes will fit back into the mortised groove in the door panel. However, the hooks are off a little and may require slightly enlarging the strike plate hole.
- ATRIUM DOORS - The original handle set trim for Atrium (Euro Cylinder Version) will not work; will require new trim.æSee additional images.
- MARVIN / PEASE DOORS - The original handle set trim for Marvin, Pease and others with American Version lock have installation screw hole spacing of 6-3/8. This trim will work with minor modifications to the lock body cylinder hole where the bottom screw goes though (a little tight, needs to be slightly enlarged with rasp).
- Some PEASE doors had different Bore Hole spacing than others; the handle set trim was 2-3/8" wide, contact us if this is the case.
New Handle Set Trim Options:æ
If replacing we recommend the Expressions 2 x 12 Series Hardware395009 - Modern, Square Top, Keyed395007 - Traditional, Arch top, Keyed
Additional ResourcesMultipoint Lock WorksheetESSVE Lock Replacement Article (PDF) How To Trim / Crop LockReverse Lock Handing
: Change the direction of the spring latch by first extending the deadbolt (see lock operation below), pull out the spring latch and rotate accordingly.Lock Operation:
This lock has an Anti-Slam / Mishandling latch that needs to be pushed in to operate lock.
- Lock: Lift the handle to extend deadbolt and other locking positions and turn thumb-turn to secure in locked position.
- Unlock: Turn thumb-turn or key to unlocked position and push down on lever.