This is a custom made replacement for Winkhaus Multipoint lock, Fits 76-1/4 Tall Doors Only - Will not fit other heights, because the shootbolt tip is attached to the upper assembly and can not be added or subtracted from this height.
This is a custom Replacement for the Winkhaus 1-3/4 thick, 76-1/4" Tall Double Door
This is an Euro Cylinder version, available in American Cylinder on request - Contact office Before ordering if you want the American version.
Active Door, 3 point Hook lock
Passive Shootbolt Door, 2 point lock
Lock Version: Euro Profile OR American version on request
Handle Height: 38.559" ( 979.4mm)
Handle Position: Key below lever
Overall Door Height: 76-1/4 inch (1,936.75mm), will not fit other heights
Faceplate Width: 3/4 inch (20mm)
Backset: 1-3/4 inch (45mm)
Top Hook Position: 24.413 inches (620.1mm) to center of Handle
Bottom Hook Position: 30.429 inches (772.9mm) to center of Handle
Door Thickness: 1-3/4 inch
Overall Door Panel Height: 76-1/4 inch tall, will not work with other heights.
WinkhausTop Hook position was 27.6 inches, changed to 24.413 inches with new handle height
Winkhaus Bottom Hook Position was 27.2 inches, changed to 30.429 inches with new handle height
The shootbolts on the Passive door are built into the upper extension and can not be adjusted for a different height door. Fits only 76-1/4 inches top to bottom
To Change Handing / Latch Reversal:
Small spring latch (mid-handing latch) must be pushed in to operate lock
1. Lift Lever to extend deadbolt
2. Pull spring latch out, Rotate to correct position
3. Check function of lock before closing door
To Lock door:
1. Lift the handle to lock door, This extends the deadbolt and hooks
2. Turn thumb turn or Key to secure in locked position
To unlock door: Turn thumb turn or key to unlocked position and push down on lever
1. This is a 2 piece lower and upper assembly for each door.
2. When connecting upper and lower parts there is a small tab on the lower that fits into the upper extension.
3. The 2 screws that attach the upper extension to the lower assembly have a T-20 Torx head, apply 12-13 pounds of torgue when tightening screws
4. The installation screws should be hand tightened, snug but do not over tighten or lock may not function properly.
5. Test the lock with the door open. Operate lock by pushing in the small mishanding latch.